Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Time for Everything

I have been impressed by my sister's beautiful blog "Like Water for Yarn" and have been motivated to attempt a similar venture.
I recently made a brave decision to quit my job. "Why?" "Are you CRAZY?" I can hear all of you out there that have been seeking employment, being victims of our wonderful economic "boo boo" (as our illustrious bankers and mortgagee's would like us to view it) - The answer is yes, maybe, but the job was highly stressful to the point of physical and emotional damage. So, I made a choice. And, in truthfulness, I could not have done this without my husband's emotional and monetarial support. TRUST me, it's temporary...but I am going to enjoy this time while I can. I now have time to reflect, energize, and try to re-stimulate my lost creativity. After years of vegging in front of the "Vidiot" box (TV) after a life sucking, spirit sapping day at work....I now am gaining back my "being", my desire for LIVING.
So now I am starting to blog. And it will be a venture for us all! Because I have absolutely NO direction with this concept!
My family spent a very quiet Memorial Day weekend. I did stretch my epicurean muscles and created a (from scratch) delicious pineapple meringue pie. No instant or cooked pudding mixes were used. I actually made my own pie filling! And I think it was delicious! And I have a tip for you culinary types out there. I found a recipe online for a most delicious crust! Use Keebler Pecan Sandies. It was so simple. 2 Cups of Pecan Sandies crushed, 1/4 c. melted butter (and for this particular recipe 1 Cup shredded coconut). Mix together, press in a pie pan and bake until golden brown (about 10-15 min) in a 350 degree oven. I was thinking this pie crust would be great with a variety of "cool crust" pies...lemon meringue, chocolate cream, Ice Cream pies?
That's another perk about staying at home....my husband reaps the benefit of a cooked meal on the table when he comes home from work. Tonight, Chicken Verde with Rice w/lime and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment